Our curated list of culinary news from the prior week. Think we missed a must-read or there's something you gotta share? Add a comment below or drop us a line at contact [at] bestburgernyc [dot] com.
- Burger King axed their creepy icon, The King and plans healthier options and a revamped image. Commence music from the world's smallest violin. [Miami Herald]
- Similarly, Esquire has some ideas for Burger King with the ladies in mind. [Esquire]
- Shake Shack seems to be popping up everywhere these days, and their newest location hits FiDi in Battery Park City. Eater NY gives you a tour. [Eater NY]
- The Wall Street journal rounds up five flavorful (questionable) burgers to try cooking at home with popular recipes from some well-known chefs around the nation. That Schlow Burger from Boston sounds good. But the Celtics, Pats and Red Sox still suck. [WSJ]
- First Lady Michelle Obama dumped the food pyramid for a plate, but our favorite Twitterer Ruth Bourdain devised a better one. Much better. [Ruth Bourdain]
Follow Burger Bedlam on Facebook, Foursquare & Twitter