Our curated list of culinary news from the prior week. Think we missed a must-read or there's something you gotta share? Add a comment below or drop us a line at contact [at] bestburgernyc [dot] com.
- A little shameless self promotion, we made our second TV appearance to date (first with Richard Blais here), making it onto our buddy Rev's Cake Boss episode devoted to burgers. Check out his recap of the taping and viewing. We're the ridiculously good looking young men on the left and in the middle of this pic. [Burger Conquest Review]
- Our #5 ranked burger and overall tasty barbecue joint, R.U.B. is expanding to East Meadow, Long Island. No word on whether they'll continue their Burger Mondays out there, but if you haven't tried the RUB Burger on a Monday from 6-9pm, get on it. [Eater]
- In more expansion news, Corner Bistro is making moves as well, opening up a new location in Long Island City. We promise, we'll review the NYC staple soon. Well overdue. [Grub Street]
- Over 90% of the city's restaurants have been graded by the Dept of Health, a year after the letter grading system began [WSJ]. Check your favorite spots on the DOH website here. No worries, Lure and the rest of our top burger spots are safe!
- And in the "file under gross as hell" category, Upper West Side burger haven (?) Harriet's Kitchen got shut down last week...we won't mention why. You get the picture. [West Side Rag]
- The A Hamburger Today Burger Lab writes up an incredibly mouth-watering recipe for a burger mashup of White Manna, Telway & In-N-Out. We're making that at home, sooooon. [AHT]