Our curated list of culinary news from the prior week. Think we missed a must-read or there's something you gotta share? Add a comment below or drop us a line at contact [at] bestburgernyc [dot] com.
- The New York Times profiles one of our culinary/entrepreneurial idols, Danny Meyer, in this whirlwind of an article. The man is a machine! [NYT]
- QSR Magazine, in a special report, breaks down the fast food burger chain numbers for us. Of course, McDonald's is the monster of the space while Burger Bedlam favorites In-N-Out and Shake Shack place modestly. [QSR]
- While we disagree with quite a few of these, Eater NY breaks down the top 15 drunk foods to eat around the city. Might we implore, where's Pomme Frites or Crif Dogs? [Eater NY]
- A superb breakdown of NYC pizza for novices and New Yorkers alike by Slice's Adam Kuban. [Slice]
- We like our burgers served bloody, but not moo-ing. Not like this squid in the video Eater posted showcasing a not-so-dead little guy that's raised to life once it's plated. Here's a factoid, the sodium in the soy sauce makes it twitch. [Eater]